1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- You provide us information about yourself – Your Full Name, Card Information, Contact number, email address. If you correspond with us by e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address, and our responses. Additionally, we store information about users contacts when users manually enter contact e-mail addresses or transfer contact information from other online social networks. We also collect general information about your use of our services
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES:
- When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: If you choose to post messages on our message boards, online/ offline chats or other message areas or leave feedback for other users, we retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Website, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the Website you viewed before navigating to our Website.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) and mobile network information.
- Location Information: With your consent, we may collect information about the location of your device to facilitate your use of certain features of our Services, determine the speed at which your device is traveling, add location-based filters (such as local weather), and for any other purposes.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to you. A Cookie is a small data file transferred to your computer’s hard drive that allows a Website to respond to you as an individual, gathering and remembering information about your preferences in order to tailor its operation to your needs, likes, and dislikes. Overall, cookies are safe, as they only identify your computer to customize your Web experience. Accepting a cookie does not provide us access to your computer or any Personally Identifiable Information about you, other than the information you choose to share. Other servers cannot read them, nor can they be used to deliver a virus. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually adjust yours (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome) to notify you of cookie placement requests, refuse certain cookies, or decline cookies completely. If you turn off cookies completely, there may be some Website features that will not be available to you, and some Web pages may not display properly. To support the personalized features of our Website (such as your country and language codes and browsing functions) we must send a cookie to your computer’s hard drive and/or use cookie-based authentication to identify you as a registered Website user. We do not, however, use so-called surveillance cookies that track your activity elsewhere on the Web. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as tracking pixels).
- Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a Website or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on our Services from time to time for this and other purposes.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
- We use the personal information we collect to fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- By providing us your e-mail address, you consent to us using the e-mail address to send you our Website and services related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also agree that we may send notifications of activity on our Website to the e-mail address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your e-mail address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to our features, new services, events or other information. If you do not want to receive optional e-mail messages, you may modify your settings to opt out.
- Our settings may also allow you to adjust your communications preferences. If you do not wish to receive promotional email messages from us, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. If you opt out, you will still receive non-promotional emails from us about our Services.
- Following termination or deactivation of your services, we shall be under an obligation to delete all your personal information if you notify the same to us through email with subject as Personal Information Removal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason at all, we reserve the right to remove any content or messages, if we believe that such action is necessary (a) to conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (b) to enforce this policy, to take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, or to protect the security or integrity of our Website; or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Website, our users, or others.
Business Providers; Unaffiliated Businesses:
Third Party Service Providers:
We employ other companies and individuals toper form functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing market assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personally identifiable information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions, but we do not permit such entities and individuals to use personally identifiable information for other purposes. In addition, we may provide non-personally-identifiable information to advertisers and other third parties for their use in marketing efforts for us, themselves, or others. If you are not interested in receiving targeted advertisements or other marketing information or materials as a result of such efforts, you may adjust the settings on your mobile devices to prevent the use of your non-personally-identifiable information in this manner.
Third Party Promotions:
We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we may sell or disclose certain of your personally identifiable information to such unaffiliated businesses. If you prefer not to be contacted by any such business with whom we share your personally identifiable information, you may follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email you receive from any such third party. In addition, you may opt-out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with such businesses by following the instructions on our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information.
We may on occasion combine information we receive through our Services with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information in connection with our Services, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive in connection with our Services or by following the instructions in our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under Unsubscribe Requests.
Protection of Our Services and Others:
We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Trader Interactive, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent:
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice and have the opportunity to withhold consent when personally identifiable information about you might be shared with unaffiliated third parties. We may transmit the user data across the various Websites of the Company.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION:
- We will not share the personal information we collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We may share your data with our services providers who process your personal information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else, or using it for other purposes.
- We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement, other government officials, any lawsuit or any other third party that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or websiteropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us, or you, to liability.
5. ENSURING INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE
- We take reasonable precautions to ensure that the Personal Information we Collect, Use and Disclose are complete, relevant and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your Personal Information.
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your Personal Information such as your name or address.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION:
- We are very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
- By using this Website or the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of this Website or Services.
- We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. Your sensitive information, such as credit card information, debit card information is encrypted when it is transmitted to us. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wi-fi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property. However, nothing in this Policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party, including a government’s, request to disclose your information.
- However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the Contacting Us section available on our Website.
7. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
- Some of the data that you provide us will fall within what EU data protection law describes as special categories of personal data, such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or information concerning your health or sexual orientation.
- We use this information in the same way we use all the other information we collect, but the law requires that we have your explicit consent to collect and use it.
8. LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- banter.io is committed to the lawful, fair and transparent use of personal data. For every use of your personal data we have described so far, we process your personal data on the grounds that our processing is necessary for legitimate interests we pursue as a business, namely that our business relies entirely on the ability to use your personal data to produce research and insight for our clients.
- If you have any questions about the grounds under which we process your personal data, or would like to find out more about the approach we take to determine that these grounds apply, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details in the Contact Us’ section.
9. TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
- We take all steps possible to ensure that your personal data remains within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, in some cases we need to share data with other banter. group companies or third parties that are in countries outside the EEA, as described earlier. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK and so they may not protect the use of your personal information to the same extent.
- In these cases,we put in place appropriate safeguards to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected. Specifically, we make use of one of the following:
- Standard contractual clauses: We use standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to organizations outside the EEA. These contractual commitments have been adopted by the European Commission and ensure adequate protection for personal data transferred to countries outside the EEA by binding recipients of personal data to certain data protection standards including obliging them to apply appropriate technical and security measures. We use standard contractual clauses when we transfer data to other banter. Group companies and for transfers to recipients that are neither Privacy Shield certified nor located in a country covered by an adequacy decision.
- EU-US Privacy Shield: The Privacy Shield is a program agreed between the EU and US which aims to protect the personal data of anyone in the EU when it is transferred to the US by placing data protection obligations on US companies that receive personal data from the EU. banter.io may rely on these safeguards when transferring data to companies based in the US where those companies are Privacy Shield certified.
- Adequacy decisions: Where the European Commission has determined that a country outside the EU offers an adequate level of data protection, personal data may be sent to that third country without implementing any other safeguards mentioned above. banter.io may rely on adequacy decisions when transferring data to companies based in countries where such assurances have been given.
Please contact us using the details at the end of this notice for more information about the protections that we put in place and to obtain a copy of the relevant documents.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION:
- You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Services:
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
- Our services are available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract with us as per the applicable laws. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Thus, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information for listing any service.
MERGER AND ACQUISITIONS:
- In case of a merger or acquisition, we reserve the right to transfer all the information, including personally identifiable information, stored with us to the new entity or company thus formed. Any change in the Website’s policies and standing will be notified to you through email.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITE:
- Our website contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
OPTING OUT OF INFORMATION SHARING:
- We understand and respect that not all users may want to allow us to share their information with other select users or companies. If you do not want us to share your information, please contact us through the Contact Us page, and we will remove your name from lists we share with other users or companies as soon as reasonably practicable or you can also click on unsubscribe. When contacting us, please clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. In case you do not want your name to be displayed on the Website, you may opt for the same by choosing a Username other than your original name when creating an account with us.
- However, under the following circumstances, we may still be required to share your personal information:
- If we respond to court orders or legal process, or if we need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary to restrict or inhibit any user from using any of our Website, including, without limitation, by means of hacking or defacing any portion thereof.
- You understand that when using the Platform, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content and you agree and assume all liability for your use. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, defamatory or libelous and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against us with respect thereto. If you find any content to be libelous, objectionable, defamatory, and indecent or infringing your Intellectual Property Rights, you may contact us directly through Contact Us page and we shall take appropriate action to remove such content from the Website.
PHISHING OR FALSE EMAILS:
- If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our members that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a phisher or spoofer. We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at email@example.com if you get an email like this.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, SERVICES, AD SERVERS AND SPONSORS
- The policy constitutes a part of the user terms. We have taken utmost care to avoid any inconsistency or conflict of this policy with any other terms, agreements or guidelines available on our Website. In case there exists a conflict, we request you to kindly contact us for the final provision and interpretation.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that may be stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer when you visit our Website. Cookies contain information about your visits to that website. A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to remember your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
- Help you navigate between pages on the Website efficiently.
- Protect your security.
- Remember information about your preferences and recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Allow us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Measure how people are using our services in order to improve our services and browsing experience.
- Personalize advertising and make the content more relevant for you.
- Speed up your searches.
- Make our Website easier to use.
- Generally, give you a better online experience
HOW ARE COOKIES USED:
- We use analytics cookies which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of our Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our users. We do not generally store any personal information that you provide to us in a cookie.
- We also use social media cookies to personalize your interaction with third-party social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook where our Website uses such features. Such cookies recognize users of these social media sites when you view social media content on our Website. They also allow you to quickly share content across media, through the use of simple sharing buttons.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
- First party cookies – these are our own cookies set by our Website, controlled by us and used to provide information about the usage of our Website.
- Third party cookies – these are cookies from any other domain. We use a number of suppliers that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our Website to allow them to deliver the services they are providing.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES STAY ON YOUR COMPUTER/DEVICE?
- Two types of cookies may be used on the Website, session cookies, and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies – are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Website.
- Persistent cookies – are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the Website and recognize you on your return.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
- The cookies used on our Website have been grouped as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: Some cookies are essential for the operation of our Website. These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Website and use the features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. We may use Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember the goods and services you selected when you get to the payment page.
- Identify you as being logged into the site.
- Provide access to protected areas of a website.
- Remember previously entered text so it’s not lost if the page refreshes.
- Consent is not required for Strictly Necessary cookies as they are required for us to provide the services requested by you.
- Performance cookies: These Performance cookies simply help us improve the way our Website works. We utilize these cookies to analyze how our visitors use our Website and to monitor our Website performance. They tell us how people use each page, which ones are most commonly viewed, or whether any errors occurred. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience and quickly identify then fix any issues that arise. We may use Performance cookies to:
- Store preferences to see which method of linking between pages is most effective.
- Enable web analytics to provide anonymous statistics on how our Website is used.
- To assist with error management in helping us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur.
- Monitor ad response rates and see how effective our adverts are.
- Functionality cookies: We use Functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you our Website localized for your area. We also use Functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video online or comment on a blog. We may use Functionality cookies to:
- Remember settings you have applied such as layout, colors, font sizes, and page backgrounds.
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey.
- Detect if you have already seen a pop-up to ensure it doesn’t get shown to you again.
- Process a request from a user to submit a comment or blog or forum post.
- If you delete these Functionality cookies any preferences or settings you selected will not be retained for later visits.
- Targeting cookies: These Targeting cookies help us make sure the adverts you see on our Website are relevant to you and your interests. Cookies may be placed on your device by our third party service providers which remember that you have visited a website in order to provide you with targeted adverts which are more relevant to you. However, we do not tell our advertisers who you are. We may use Targeting cookies to:
- Collect information about browser habits to target advertising.
- Collect information about browser habits to target website content.
- Provide links to social networks like Facebook.
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts you may be interested in.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COOKIES:
- If you use different devices to access our Website (e.g. your computer, mobile) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. Mobile phone users may have to refer to their handset manual for details on how to block cookies using their mobile browser.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES: